Any resident of the Monte D’Oro subdivision is welcome and encouraged to become a member of the Monte D’Oro Neighborhood Association.
Dues are $30 annually and due before August 1.
The value of membership:
- Maintain entrances to our neighborhood
- Maintain our custom street signs (new poles and banners this year)
- Organize monthly meetings with informative programs
- Coordinate an annual Ice Cream Social, Fall Festival, and Christmas Party
- Provide neighborhood Christmas decorations
- Emphasize to all neighbors the importance of property upkeep
- Support school activities
- Maintain strong relationships with the city of Hoover officials
- Promote communication among neighbors via email, Facebook, www.montedoro.org, and calling tree
- Promote our neighborhood and its historical status
- Support an active neighborhood watch
How to Become a Member
To become a member, each household must pay $30 dues.
There are 3 ways to pay your dues:
1) Online via Venmo - NEW this year!
- if your Venmo account is paid using a checking account or debit card then the fee is $30
- If your Venmo account is paid using a credit card, the fee is $33 (this covers the credit processing fee)
- Search for Monte doro or @MDNA35216
- Include your name, street address, preferred email, and phone (for reminders) in the comments section.
- Send an email to email@example.com and let us know 1) You’ve paid using Venmo, 2) verify your name, street address, email if you need to provide a preferred email, and phone number for reminders.
2) Drop off on Saturdays at Kathy Torres, 3205 Monte Verde Circle
- Saturday, August 3 from 10 am - 12 pm
- Saturday, August 10 from 10 am -12 pm
- Come enjoy a cup of lemonade!
- Payment can be made with a cash or check to MDNA in the amount of $30.
- Verify information – You can do this in person, or respond to this email with your name, street address, preferred email if you need to provide a preferred email and phone number for reminders.
3) Kathy Torres can pick up
- Payment can be made with a cash or check to MDNA in the amount of $30. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (and leave voice mail), or text Kathy at 205-515-9266, to arrange a pick up.
- Verify Information: Email email@example.com with your name, street address, preferred email, and phone number for reminders OR tell Kathy at pick up.
Association meetings occur every 2nd Thursday of the month September through May. Please see the Meeting & Events page for details. Members will receive notification of meeting dates, times, and locations as well as a member booklet & directory. Active members may also vote on all business brought before the Association. Meeting agendas include interesting programs, local speakers, a review of neighborhood business, or issues and (always) delicious refreshments. It is also a great way to meet your neighbors and join in the neighborhood fun. The Mayor of Hoover visits us annually to discuss city and community issues,
We also maintain an active Facebook group. If you are a neighbor, please request to join.
To learn more about the leadership of the Monte D'Oro Neighborhood Association, please visit Association Officers.